Monday, July 04, 2011

#2 - If I am a Movie Director . . .

B4 we get to the point, lets disclose the kind of movie, the kind of characters, (male & female), the kind of story line that I favor. 

1st of all, I'm not a fan of Senario, Maharaja Lawak, Three Stooges or even that Charlie Chaplin's. Lil bit good humors, comedies and spontaneous jokes so long dia x meleret still acceptable. 2ndly, all lovey dovey romantic movies (especially Malays), don't even think it exceed the digits of my one hand the no. of Malay's I've watched in cinema. In fact the one and only was Putri Gunung Ledang, few years back I guess or maybe two with Kami the Movie kot.

One thing kempen memartabatkan perfileman Melayu that I do remember; "kalau bukan kita sendiri yang sokong, sapa lagi?". I do support Malaysian's Film Industries, just not financially (sadly banyak pirates je)  and not when the movie was of low quality in its story telling that overshadowed by all the actions and excessive romanticity. After all its still my money, my right...

Now of the characters (still writing about my favorites), male . . . anyone with Anthony Hopkin's like. If u've read The Rite, then good. Female . . . don't really have a role model. Doesn't need to be sexy, but pretty girl always a plus and a uniquely gracious smile. Both with highly acting quality.

from ear to ear smile

Last year big movie, The Inception won few awards. Fiction with complex story line, mind boggling even on on my way back from the cinema. The keyword here is the complexity of the story x kesah le thriller ke, comedies ke or better yet religious/morality matter. And it flow smoothly . . .

For that I would love to directing movies of genre class such as Sepet, Muallaf and Kami the Movie. It would show the conflict of different morale/race/religious values in a respectable manner towards each other. But as of current knowledge and ability to come up with a story (as an indi writer/producer/director), short movie je la yang mampu pun gamaknyer kahkahkah. 


Sembang kuat!!! but this may have 'to be continued - ' after this...

notes on The Challenge -

1. RM100 for free - checked.
2. If I'm a movie Herr Director... - checked.
3. Keghairahan popularity dunia maya - think I'll pass, not looking for follower, money (from ad)...
4. Preparation B4 update blog - mayb.
5. Wahai si jahanam pembuang bayi, peringatan ni tuk kau ... - also mayb pass (better if its from girls POV).
6. Tutorial ....... - haaa, ni aku nak wat. Tutorial sudoku that's not for contest (time restriction).
7. one Funny story - definitely pass. I'm no funny guy.
8. My say on anonymous comments - same as no 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment